Thursday, November 14, 2013

Quotes--Rabbi Daniel Lapin

One quote that is working on me now to shape the way I do business is one that Dave Ramsey uses fairly often. I think it sums up a lot of how I want to do business (though I fall short sometimes). It also sums up the book "The Go-Giver" which I will write about soon. Tell me what you think about this

"God is inordinately pleased when we are obsessively, compulsively consumed with the needs of others." - Rabbi Daniel Lapin


I know this isn't exactly a business quote but it certainly can have implications in business if you want it to. Think about how this can apply to other people. If I am consumed with the needs of other people, i.e. my clients, won't my needs be met? Isn't that attitude infectious? If you are in "the corporate world" won't you be able to move up the ladder if you constantly work toward the well-being of your coworkers, clients, bosses? It sounds crazy but letting go of your own needs, focusing on the needs of others exclusively will bring success. It will also bring a measure of happiness that can't be generated any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment