Thursday, November 7, 2013

Quotes--Daniel Quinn

I am going to periodically share a quote and solicit your input on the quote. Some of the quotes will be widely known, some will not. Some will be funny and inspire thought, some may make you angry. Whatever the case may be, this will only be fun if you share your thoughts.

“Thinkers aren't limited by what they know, because they can always increase what they know. Rather they're limited by what puzzles them, because there's no way to become curious about something that doesn't puzzle you.” 
― Daniel QuinnMy Ishmael


One of my favorite authors. I've only read two of his books but those two books changed the way I look at almost everything. They challenged me in ways I did not want to be challenged but am very grateful that I was. I like this quote because it challenges the idea of thinkers being people that acquire knowledge. This quote says, and I agree, that anyone can be a thinker if they stay curious about things and seek knowledge in order to solve their own personal questions. In other words, its ok to NOT know something if your lack of knowledge prompts action to rectify the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment