Thursday, June 5, 2014

Writer's Block

I don't know that I truly consider myself a writer. I do write regularly. I do have some people that read it but I certainly don't do much to hone my craft. I am not purposeful about getting better. I don't seek publicity with it or even really worry about how many people read it. I write because it feels good. I write because I like opening up conversations and giving people things to think about. I write because I like to think. So, it is kind of interesting when I run into writer's block. Part of me says, "Jonathan, you have to come up with a topic, your public depends on it." Another part of me says, "That is stupid. You don't have a public." So, I missed last week--and I felt guilty. I don't have a ton to write about this week--and I feel guilty.

The truth is, I am in the middle of the most difficult transaction I have ever been in. Both sides have dug lines in the sand and, quite frankly, I am on the "losing" side this time. I'm not used to that. It all kind of culminates today and I have been nervous for the past week. I've been praying like crazy and have been losing sleep. I'm ready for it to be over but I am far from giving up. It has completely consumed me for the past week. the crazy part is, its not a deal where I make a ton of money or anything. Its just a situation where, if it goes one way, my clients lose--big time. If it goes the other way, everyone wins. It is so incredibly one sided, I have actually thought to myself "its unfair." And that is almost never something I think. The one silver lining is that I have discovered a few people that are truly reliable and helpful. Its good to know who those people are.

Do me a favor and pray for me today. Pray for my clients and pray for a peaceful, mutually beneficial resolution to this ordeal. I appreciate it. I will always return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment