Thursday, December 20, 2012

End of the World

I have a blog already written about gun control. I have been debating for the past 24 hours about posting it. I might post it, I might not. In the meantime, here are my 2 cents on the end of the world. I'm  ready. Bring it on.

On a completely different note, sometimes home inspectors make me mad. Some have a tendency to try and scare the mess out of a buyer. I know they are there to tell the buyer all the things wrong with the place and what COULD happen. They don't ever offer a percent chance that it WILL happen. They also (almost) never say things like, "in an absolute worst case scenario..." I had a few contracts fall through this year because of over zealous contractors. I want people to buy nice homes but I want the fear of what could happen to be balanced with what will likely happen. The man I use for home inspection service is just that way. Ron will say something like, "here is the problem, here is how one would fix it, here is the worst possible thing that could happen if it is not addressed, here is the liklihood of that happening." He informs thoroughly but doesn't scare. That's the right way to do it. Sometimes, there is a legitimate problem that absolutely has to be addressed. Sometimes there is a problem that should be addressed at some point. Sometimes there is a problem that could eventually be addressed but most likely just needs to be monitored.

On another completely different note, life is pretty good. It just figures that the world is going to end when life is actually going well. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment