Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Makes the Best Realtor?

I like Ralph Bristol. I don't always agree with him but I like his demeanor and I like that he takes phone calls. I like his ability to explain things in a very common sense, grandparent-ly sort of way. He did say something the other day though that provoked a little bit of thought. I would love to get your feedback on this topic also.

So Ralph says (in an advertisement for a Realtor), "I know he is the best Realtor because the best Realtor sells the most houses." Is this true? Does the best Realtor sell the most houses? If not, what makes someone the best Realtor? I have my opinions but I would really, really like to read yours first.

This is NOT some ploy to make me look good by the way. I really want your opinions on here.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

To me, this is similar to the square and rectangle comparison. I square is always a rectangle; yet, a rectangle isn't necessarily a square.

To clarify the analogy... a realtor who sells a lot of houses could be a great realtor, though, not necessarily. A great realtor (at least in my thoughts) would be one who knows the needs of the client and limitations as well. Is a house too much for a family? Would the mortgage become a burden to the prospective owners? Selling a house ill-suited to a client, thus increasing the number of houses sold doesn't necessarily make the realtor a great realtor.

However, if a realtor helps a family find exactly what they're looking for at an affordable price... and this realtor does this numerous times each month (thus, selling a lot of houses), then this realtor is a great realtor. This rectangle (realtor) is also a square (the best realtor).

So, I guess I'm encouraging Jonathan to be a square? ;)

Post a Comment