Friday, February 21, 2014

Entrepreneurs

Cindy is thinking of starting a business. Today we met with an old friend and a new friend that is a consultant of sorts. It was a very thought provoking conversation. Before we knew it, we had been talking for 2 hours. I get excited when I think about opening a business and doing something no one else is doing. It was exciting to me when I started selling real estate but not as exciting as the prospect of starting something NO one else is doing. 

Its weird but I get excited about that, really excited, giddy excited. My brain starts working overtime and I can't stop talking about it. It drives Cindy nuts because she is more of a silent thinker. She would rather mull it over and then discuss it. I mull it over by discussing it. I get an idea in my head and I just can't shut up. 

I guess I get excited because I like the challenge. I like to pioneer things. I want to take a dream and turn it to reality. Its addicting. It scares some people to death. I look at opportunities for entrepreneurship as challenges. I know we can do this, just what is the best way to do it. I talk a lot before I set a plan in motion. I talk myself into and out of plans constantly. Sometimes I talk longer than I should and miss the best opportunity to actually pull the trigger. 

How do you feel about striking out on your own? How do you reason through problems? What are some ways I could get better at not overwhelming Cindy with my method of working out problems?

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

"[She] is more of a silent thinker. She would rather mull it over and then discuss it. I mull it over by discussing it. I get an idea in my head and I just can't shut up. "

Wow, this sounds WAY to familiar.

Post a Comment