Thursday, March 21, 2013

Help

It is sometimes very difficult for me to ask for help. I know I am not alone in this issue. There are lots of reasons someone might be reluctant to ask for help. They might not think someone could do it as well as they can. They might be too prideful to admit they can't handle something. They may not realize that they actually need help in the first place. They may think no one would be willing to help. For me, it is two issues simultaneously: 1) I don't want to be a burden on someone and 2) I tend to think that taking the time to explain something will take more time than just doing it myself.

I have to get better at this. I took a big step in the past few weeks. I brought on a business partner. Her name is Taylore Massa. She is new to Weichert and is energetic and eager to learn. Also, Cindy was able to get her license back and now there are 3 of us. It's pretty cool to have two reliable people ready to help. I just have to get better at getting them stuff to do!

For those of you that have people working for you, how do you choose what to delegate? How do you train people to do it the way you want? Share some stories of good experiences and bad experiences with assistants/employees.

For those of you that are directly under someone else in your job (i.e. you are a secretary/administrative assistant/personal assistant), how do you help your boss be better at delegating? How did you learn to be effective for the person above you? What are some techniques you can share to be more of a mind reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment